Saturday, January 10, 2009

Free Time. Huh. Who knew?

I worked a regular nine to five today, then picked up the b.h., came home to let dogs out, went to dinner with the b.h. Randomly ran into friends at the restaurant who happened to be sitting next to the only two open seats at the bar. I wasn't even surprised, really, because that's just how Athens is. We hadn't seen them in ages and there was a lot of talk about trying to get together, and plans never made, and then suddenly there we all were. I don't even remember the name of it, but we ate at the new Mexican place across from The Gr1t. I loved their salsas, and the lemon cream sauce on my enchilada was fantastic. I also really dug the jalapeno coleslaw. Consequently, I ate far too much. As we walked the block or so back to the car, i wondered how on earth I was going to drink beer with Shayne, which was my plan for the evening. But by the time I dropped b.h. off at practice and got over to Littl3 K1ngs, I felt just fine.
Her other friend was just leaving, so while they said their good-byes I ordered up and Oaked Arrogant Bastard. It was just dandy. Not terribly different from the regular bastard, but enough to make it interesting. Shayne was hilarious, as usual. Just what the doctor ordered. A couple beers, a lot of shit talk, catching up on the usual b.s. Possibly going to a yard sale in the morning, if I can handle staying awake after dropping the b.h. off at work. I kind of doubt it. I do have to be up early, so I am signing off, but not without my Quote for the Day, courtesy of the b.h.:

"She's not like a hot lesbian. She's more like the lesbian equivalent of a bear."

Awesome.

3 comments:

Z said...

I rather wish I lived in Athens.

The Preacherman said...

If you can find it I'd recommend Kostriger. It's from Eastern Germany. Drank it by the bucketful in Eisenberg in '05 at a gymnastics comp (I wasn't participating I hasten to add)

I loooove coming here. It inspires me to have a beer (like I need inspiring)

heybartender said...

Don't I know it, Z.
And PM, we don't have Kostriger here in Georgia, but I'll look when I'm up in New York. Thanks for the tip.