Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Ahhhh.

I slept way in today. The b.h. brought me coffee, juice, and homemade strawberry scones in bed, along with a copy of Tropic Thunder (which only reaffirmed my love for Robert Downey, Jr. and which I will likely watch as soon as I am finished with this post), and the new book The Clash, which is hot pink and coffee table sized. It was put together by the surviving members of the band, so there are all sorts of neat pictures and copies of old show fliers and the like. I love it. Now, if only somebody *cough* could keep the blasted coffee table cleared off, maybe it would have a place...
So needless to say I stayed in bed forever, and then when I got up I puttered around a bit and then went out for coffee with Jamie, who I haven't seen in what seems like forever. She gave me a really beautiful, soft, knitted (by her) washcloth and some hand made soap. We sat around and caught up and petted her dog Silver, and while she was inside getting her coffee I was treated to what I believe was an attempted conversion by an obviously misguided Christian man, who was speaking to what I gather from the conversation to be a gay man who wants to be "reformed." The whole thing was quite odd, the conversation quite frank and very audible, even from across the patio at the coffee shop, and I kept looking around for the hidden camera that never appeared.
It was about 62 degrees outside today, and it was all I could do not to call up a bunch of people and go get a drink somewhere and sit outside. Since I do have to be up in the morning I thought the better of it and instead came home. I'm still firmly planted on the couch, contemplating a round of Playing Gods, which is my favorite new board game. Anyway, many thanks for the birthday wishes, everybody. XO.

5 comments:

Dave said...

Z made me come here. Belated best birthday wishes.

The Preacherman said...

Happy Birthday babe xxx and have a great '09 xxx

Z said come over and I never argue with Z she's my pal (actually she'd kick the crap out of me if I didn't do as I was told) ;-)

By the way she says you like beer - which is a huge plus in what passes for my mind.....

The Preacherman said...

just had a read back n all. Don't mind if I linky thingy you off me blog do yer?

Z said...

No one could 'make' Dave do anything he didn't want to do.

heybartender said...

Good boy, Dave. Way to do what you're told. ;)

PM, thanks, and welcome. I'll be by to have a look when I get a free minute. And of course feel free to linky whatsis.

Z - he wasn't fooling me for a minute. Not with that smirk.