Sunday, January 18, 2009

Just returned from a dinner party at the home of some friends. We never get to do that anymore, and I was glad for the opportunity. We had a few red wines, as well as a lovely German beer that Sam recommended (I can't remember the name at the moment, but I am sure to buy more so I'll report back). I can't say much about it except that it's nice to act like regular adults once in awhile. Eating at a proper table, without the company of a television but with the company of friends and friends of friends, is a luxury we don't often afford ourselves. If I were a resolution type of girl, I'd resolve to do this more often. Since I'm not, I'll just say I'm working on it.

1 comment:

Z said...

Yes, I agree. Actually, with us it's more likely to happen in the summer when it seems less effort to organise. It's lovely to sit around and eat good food and chat and take the whole evening over it.