Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Work was long on Saturday. Twelve days in a row is too much, and by the end of it I was feeling fairly burnt and a bit surly. This makes me less than patient with customers, so I spent the last hour or so dodging as many as possible. Lynn was already there, so I wasn't leaving anybody guessing about wine. As soon as I was sprung, I went across the street to get dog food. After that I stopped in to see if a pair of shoes I had had my eye on was still waiting for me after nearly two weeks. they were. only one pair left and they were my size. Taking that as a sure sign from the shoe gods, I snatched them up and bought a pair of socks with giraffes on them as well. These are the kind of shoes that are supposed to be good for your back, and I have no brown shoes that I can wear for work, so it wasn't completely indulgent. After that I went home, fed the dogs, turned on the Jancis Robins0n wine DVD that had arrived from Netflix, and promptly passed out.
I went out on Saturday night with my friend MT. We had a couple beers at Flicker and then moved on to Tasty World. Only got to talk to Jared for a couple minutes, because he was working, but hung out with Murphy for quite some time and caught up. Good times. We went home before the witching hour, avoiding the chaos of bars emptying into the street. I slept like shit and so did the dogs, so we all spent the bulk of Sunday on the couch. I was in a foul mood and after speaking to my parents did not even bother to answer the phone. Eventually I got up enough energy to slip out and eat. I went to The Grit and had a large golden bowl with veggies and cheese and a bottle of root beer.
Things are looking brighter on the VT front. School called the b.h. on Saturday and said that we would know about money by mid-week. Not holding my breath but I am hopeful. Also there is a house I have been looking into and I am waiting for a call back from the landlord. Wish me luck.
If all goes as planned, I think I will be slipping off to Savannah on Saturday. "As planned" meaning that I get the day off on Saturday, find somebody to watch the dogs, and have enough money to make it happen. The b.h. and I could use a day off alone together I think. He has a show on Saturday night, but then we could poke around on Sunday. I can't imagine how lovely Savannah must be right now, with Spring springing and all.

No comments: