Thursday, March 19, 2009

This week has been forever already. Crap.
Tuesday the b.h. and I took the dogs and ran some errands and then drove to Hard Labor State park for some hiking. I have no idea how the park got it's name. It is beautiful, though. And driving there takes you through some insanely wealthy rural areas. Very neat. I took some pictures, but they don't really do any justice of course. Ah well. Spring is springing, and the rolling green hills and quiet two lane highways were exactly what the doctor ordered. that and two fairly strenous miles of hiking in the woods. We all slept like babies that night.











Anyway, Wednesday and today were kind of blurry. Some food-related teevee courtesy of Alton Brown, Anthony Bourdain, and America's Test kitchen, and a few pastries thrown in (back to the new bakery today- pound cake was meh, but the banana fritter totally rocked my world and the coffee kicks ass), but mostly a lot of work. Boring! Not even a good customer story.

5 comments:

Z said...

That is the most relaxed tongue I've seen in a long time.

alfredblog said...

i'm shooting my next movie at hard labor/camp daniel morgan. it was a work camp for prisoners during the new deal, and there is still a prison close by. they plus day laborers built the park. i'm a nerd. but you should know they shot friday the 13th part 6 there. kick ass.
i love that place.

heybartender said...

Cool! That place is beautiful. When do you start shooting?
Which one was part 6? After 3-D and before Manhattan?

heybartender said...

P.S. I love your nerdiness. And I can't access your blog. If you're actually writing, will you let me in?

alfredblog said...

i'm not writing. haven't in a couple years. just didn't want to lose the stuff i wrote about my granddad, so i didn't delete it.
THAT particular jason was yes, after 3-D and before manhattan. it was the response to those who were angered by a faux jason in part 5, so they brought him back, a la frankenstein's monster. it's actualy rather wonderful, especially when comparing to the other films.
i start shooting as soon as some sucker gives me 500 grand.
so, i'll prolly be bartending at tasty world before i shoot this thing.
awesometown, pop: me.