Thursday, March 12, 2009

I've been having a hell of a time sleeping lately. Weird, violent dreams, extreme temperature changes, and of course my old friend the moon have all conspired to keep me awake, no matter how tired I am or how many beers I have to help me along.

I went out the other night with my friend J. We had a lovely cheese plate and some very tasty beer, and were later joined by our other friend J, whom we never see because his job keeps him on the road most of the time. Sam had just returned from England and was going to join us but didn't. The weather was unusually warm, and I was very glad to be out. As I said, it didn't help me sleep at all, but I had a nice time.

Work has been unbearably slow. I continue to hope that no one gets laid off and my departure allows for everybody to have enough hours. I still have no departure date, but when it happens it is going to happen fast. Can't imagine how I'm going to find a job when we move, but we'll see.

Oddly enough, I have managed (so far) to have a good attitude despite all the weirdness. The moon is officially on the wane now, so hopefully I will sleep tonight. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Z said...

It's uncertainty, isn't it too - move in the offing, fluid plans. Well, fluid is a nice way of putting it. Though a new start is always exciting.

Sleep well!