Friday, March 27, 2009

I feel like I've been had. Smuttynose makes great beer. I have had several, and I liked all of them. So when we got a new shipment that included Hanami Ale, I was interested. The label says it's made with cherries. Well, Kasteel Rouge is made with cherries, and I like that. In fact. I haven't had a kriek beer that I don't like (yet), so I split a six-pack with two of my co-workers (I'm broke and it was late, so i thought two beers would be plenty). When I got home I opened it straight away, not even bothering with food or shoe removal or anything.
The thing is, it's a great beer, but I hate it. It is a sour, and the word sour was nowhere on the label. Crap. So after a few more attempts, I wound up pouring the whole thing down the drain. I was pretty sure I could hear ancestors turning in their graves while I did it. Then I popped open a bottle of Sierra Nevada, made myself a sandwich, and checked e-mail before bed. Still no money, still no job, but a bright spot on the housing horizon. Fingers crossed.

No comments: