Sunday, June 08, 2008

Inspiration.

I have Andrew Sullivan to thank for this. Just what I needed: Another really cool distraction.

Last night I wound up seeing Craig's new band at the Caledonia, followed by Don Chambers. The show was great, intensified (perhaps) by the heat. I mostly sat outside with Jenn and a few other folks, but once Donnie started I had to go in because I couldn't hear him over the awful shit at farm 255. I don't know what the band was called, but they had no business playing outside, or anywhere within earshot of the general public.
When Donnie finished I went over to farm to catch Idiot Slowdown, who more than made up for the shit that preceded them. Seriously, those guys are fucking awesome. And they were having a particularly great night. I only wish I had remembered earplugs, because maybe my ears wouldn't be ringing right now. Anyway, catch them at Tasty World upstairs for Athfest. Saturday night, long after Centro-matic is through, so no excuses.

No comments: