Saturday, June 07, 2008

I actually finished a second book before my Novel reading Month time ran out. Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict was fun- a nice pot boiler, as my brother-in-law would call it. Nothing like the great literature being created by Michael Chabon, but I did manage to finish it in three days, unlike The Yiddish Policeman's Union, which I have still barely cracked. Chabon requires my full attention and wakefulness, neither of which I've had much of recently.
I found out on Monday that my hours were cut- by more than half!- at the BS2. Which is a huge shock to my system and my bank account, but since the temperature has been well into the 90s all week, I can honestly say I was a bit relieved. Of course, I will likely need to find a different job now, but what the hell. Unfortunately E was layed off, so now I have to face the BS2 with Scooter as my only co-worker. Sigh.
We went to see the new Indiana Jones movie on Tuesday night. I didn't hate it the way that most people seem to, though I found the CGI animals to be both pointless and annoying. Fucking George Lucas. Also, it apparently did not occur to anyone that the skull, being made of Crystal, should have weighed more. I noticed that the first time somebody picked it up, and after that it was like the laugh track on M*A*S*H, which I will never forgive my sister for pointing out because it is all I hear when I see that show now. All things considered, though, I was entertained. There was no way I was going to wait for that to come out on video. I saw the first IJ movie in the theater, and it shaped who I was as a kid. I seriously wanted to be an archaeologist for awhile.
Tonight there are several shows I'm looking into. We'll see where I land. For now I'm going to watch some TV.

Oh yeah- my tomatoes are infested with fucking aphids, too. Fuckers.

2 comments:

Z said...

Oh thank you for pointing that out about the skull. I might not have noticed that, but now it's all I'll be aware of when I see the film. How you feel about your sister IS HOW I'LL FEEL ABOUT YOU.

heybartender said...

Ha! Yeah- sorry about that. But I'm curious to know how many other people noticed, when they weren't too busy being pissed off at the monkeys.
Anyone?