Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Brilliant.

I finally got my copy of The Signal in the mail. The b.h. and I watched it on Friday between work and work. It was even better than I remembered, possibly because when I saw it before I was watching on a smallish screen from about a hundred feet away. In any case, I'm sure you can all find it on Netflix, so go ahead. On top of being very entertaining, it was nice to see a friend actually doing what they're supposed to be doing. (Excellent work, A.J. We're all really excited for you.) Outside of musicians, that doesn't happen to me much.
Things are looking good on the job front. Got a callback and will probably interview on Friday. ST
till waiting to hear from the other place. In the meantime, I am spending a lot of time at the bar this week, since my boss is out of town.
And of course, with AthFest rapidly approaching, I am not sweating the money thing much. It should be a good weekend for us. Incidentally, if you aren't already aware, Centro-matic is playing at the Forty Watt on Saturday, just after Modern Skirts finish up the main stage. Hope to see you all there. I just got a call from Jenn, and it turns out that Chris and Corine are in from the Netherlands. I'm looking forward to seeing them. The first time I met them was at another AthFest several years back, on the front porch at Tasty World. I have since run into them in Denton, Texas (at Dan's Silverleaf for the last Slobberbone show), as well as on our trip to St. Louis last year. Weird how that happens. Again with the small world thing. Anyway, I am glad they are here. After Centro-matic I will probably head over to Tasty World to catch The Help, Idiot Slowdown, and Rockinwood.
Lots of interesting stuff on the horizon, possible weird shit and mostly good shit, that I look forward to being able to discuss soon. Don't let the suspense kill you while I go off to see the new Hulk movie.

No comments: