Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm having a really weird day. Can't describe it- don't even want to try, but suffice to say that I watched Rude Boy and then drove to the theater to see the Sex & The City movie.
I'm glad I went. I needed to get out of the house. Say what you will about that show, but it was well written, and so is the movie. I find it amusing that people are talking so much about it. Aside from the usual "chick flick" remarks (whatever- it is,and we're all aware of that), there are people who are really, really pissed off about it. Why? Because it enjoyed the highest grossing opening weekend ever for a movie about women? I love that men have the balls to be "tired of" the hooplah, of the fact that women are so excited about this movie. As if we should apologize for getting in the driver's seat when everybody knows the vaginas belong in the back. (Even my spellcheck is in on the act. It doesn't like the word "vaginas".) Whatever. Has it even occurred to anybody that if there were more movies about women- real women, with opinions and jobs and lives and female friends who aren't exactly like them- then this one wouldn't stick out so much? I don't get it. In any case, my enjoyment had nothing to do with feminism or politics or any of that. I just thought it was fun.
It had rained (yay!!) while I was in the theater, and my drive home was like a reverse game of Frogger, with frogs leaping all over the road and me swerving to try to avoid flattening them. When I pulled into our driveway, a large clump of kudzu ran in front of me, camouflaging a large and presumably happy beaver. No rain has left them nothing to dam, so now I guess he'll be getting back to work. Which means that the b.h. will have to do the same.
I just got a text message from the b.h.:
"Sometimes two people who can't sing will accidentally harmonize. This is not the case right now."
I'm sure he regrets quitting drinking.

Also, this beer kicks total ass.

No comments: