Sunday, June 29, 2008

Employment Update.

So I got another job. This one is at a liquor store. I'm working mostly in the wine department, which is great, because I have so much to learn and I am very interested in the subject.
So far it has gone very well, though I am exhausted after working both jobs for several days in a row. I like all the people I work with. I've known a few of them for a long time, which always makes things easier. Customers, however, can still really suck. I had forgotten how depressing scary alcoholics can be. It's totally different, to me at least, to see people drinking early in the day. Especially people who come in for an airline bottle to slip in their coffee during their lunch hour. Ick.
The good news is there will be plenty of Customer of the Day/Night stories from this job as well. I've already got one scratched on a post-it in the back of my brain that I'll share when I'm more up to writing. Right now I'm going to get horizontal, play my new Glossary CD over and over*, and tuck in to The Yiddish Policeman's Union before I get to the rest of the John Adams movie I started yesterday. HBO does such incredible work. I highly recommend the movie for history geeks and movie lovers alike. It does an excellent job of portraying our founding fathers as people, rather than mythical figures, and personally I fond that the truth is way more interesting anyway. Ben Franklin was a fucking weirdo. I can't wait 'til they make the movie about him.
I'll be catching up on blog reading later and a bit tomorrow, I imagine. Happy Sunday everybody.

*I finally saw them on Thursday night at the 40 Watt, and I can't tell you how amazing it was. Think Marah meets Whiskeytown, but without all the bullshit rockstar attitude. Beautiful. Oh yeah- their new album is available for download - free! - at their myspace page. So you have no excuse not to check it out.

No comments: