Friday, April 21, 2006

Smirky Smirky

Customer to co-worker, 5:30 pm:
"You're an awesome bartender. I should tip you." He then walked off without leaving a tip. Co-worker rolls her eyes and mumbles
"God I hate that guy."

Me, to that same customer, 1:30 am:
"Do you want a beer?"
Him:
"I would love a beer, but I am totally broke...(garbled, as he is completely fucked up)."

Me:
"I should totally buy you a beer."

He looks up at me, hopeful but unsure if he heard me correctly. I immediately turn my back on him and make myself busy in another part of the bar.

To the uninitiated, this may seem like passive/aggressive bullshit from a snotty, snobby service industry worker bee. But really, I see myself as a teacher.

Listening to Great Lake Swimmers record Bodies and Minds for the umpteenth time this week. Really, I just can't seem to get enough. Luckily, my b.h. is similarly afflicted.

The roar of an action silences all the words
The cry of an accomplishment
Drowns the whimper of ten thousand words
And we live in our actions and our reactions


Now, for some action...

1 comment:

J.H. said...

customer = pungeoned!

"The inflexibility of Karma is often more than mere mortals can endure."