Thursday, April 20, 2006

Alarming

Not since I moved from the city several years ago have I been subjected to this particular annoyance. There is a golf tournament here in the local cuntry(sic) club, and in addition to increased traffic in our neighborhood, I am experiencing the joy of being serenaded by a chorus of car alarms.
I have always been puzzled by car alarms, since they are almost always used when the owner of the car is NOT EVEN CLOSE to being within earshot (not that they would know it was their car going off anyway, since most car alarms sound exactly alike). So yeah, I am a little annoyed. This has been going on for at least the two hours I have been home from work, and what really sucks is that this particular alarm is not going off continually, in which case it might eventually fade into the background and I would at least have hope that the jackass who owns said vehicle might come back to a dead battery. No, this one goes off for five or six minutes straight, then stops for a minute or so, and then goes off for another five or six minutes. Keep in mind that I have two dogs that have never lived in the city and are not familiar with car alarms. Also, since dogs have fairly short-term memory in these matters, they freak out every time the f*&@ing thing starts. I am actually looking forward to going back to work.
Speaking of work, we seem to have adopted a local cokehead who recently learned was banned form at least two other bars in town. Fabulous. And there is another who seems to be slinking around again as well. Funny how these folks always know each other. Funny too, that I can always spot them from a mile away. Ah the service industry...

No comments: