Wednesday, June 17, 2009

We just got back from dinner. The school that b.h. goes to runs several restaurants in town, and we ate at one this evening. They have a tapas-style menu in their downstairs lounge, which we loved. I tried a tiny piece of swordfish and decided that I am still a vegetarian. At first it tasted like grill, then there was an aftertaste that I just couldn't abide- flesh, I guess. Anyway.
So far i love the new job. Easy to say after a couple hours of orientation, i suppose. But I like the vibe at this place. And despite the drive, I think it will be worth it. They have a system by which employees get to take home any food that is not suitable for selling. This will likely wind up making up for the five bucks in gas I will spend to get there. Today I saw bread from the bakery, fresh fruit, some kind of cheesecake, meat (this gets kept in a freezer and you take it on your way out), some organic roasted red peppers, and cookies. At very least I won't have to buy lunch. And they carry Mrs. Meyers cleaning products, too. Woot!
Also, I located a Thrift store about three blocks from the store, and another that's just a couple miles away. Not that I am planning on collecting any more coffee cups or vintage ashtrays, but they had a decent selection of clothes, and that makes me happy.
My new boss is going on vacation next week, which is hilarious because that is exactly what happened when I got my last job. Except this time they won't have me coming in every day. Honestly, I don't know how i will fill my time in the department at this point. There is so little back stock that I won't have a lot of lifting and shuffling. Should be interesting.
I did taste six wines today while I was there for orientation. My boss and I discussed them after the salesman had left, and we had similar reactions. This is probably a good thing. I had fallen out of spitting practice, though, and I did manage to get a drop on my shirt. Red, of course.
Okay, so my phone is ringing and I don't know where it is. I guess I should go.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Hi. Just wanted to let you know that I have become very much addicted to your blog. I started reading about 6 months ago and spent all day yesterday (at work, mind you) reading every single post. I lived in Athens from 1994 until 2001, so I completely relate to a lot of your posts. I hope you are getting settled into your new place and new job...can't wait for the next post!

heybartender said...

Hey-
You apparently left right after I got there. Yep, I miss it already. And looking at news about the GA Theater today is making me sick. Yikes.