Friday, June 26, 2009

There is something so disturbing to me about people who celebrate a person's death. Michael Jackson was fucked up. We all know that. But he never had a chance. He was preyed upon by his own family (and will likely continue to be after his death). Pedophile? Probably. And yes, that is fucked up, but I still feel like being happy he's gone is just weird, and it says more about you than it does him if you're laughing about it. He. Went. Crazy. That's not funny, it's sad. For my part, as a person with Buddhist-ish beliefs, I am happy for him. I think his next life will be much easier.

Also, I can't help but feel like I made some good choices about getting certain people out of my life after reading their remarks on faceb00k.

So yeah. I still need a copy of Off the Wall on vinyl. And I will remember young Michael Jackson because he was one talented motherfucker.

I slept like shit last night for some reason. Consequently, I stayed in bed until ten, listening to the entire hour of BBC news with two fuzzy canine bookends, just enjoying the fan. We missed Dick, the mailman, this morning. The boys heard him pulling up and went crazy, but by the time I got their harnesses on and got downstairs, he was gone. He did leave two dog biscuits with the mail, though. Love that guy.

So I am currently missing Athfest. Boooo. I would appreciate some eyewitness reports from those of you who aren't.
Thanks.

1 comment:

c2 said...

Same thoughts about Michael, I have alway felt sorry for him. The ultimate proof that money does not create happiness, and often causes the opposite. Pedo? I quess that is debatable. I can imagine he felt happier around children, never having been able to really be one himself. And I can imagine a parent with dollar signs in his/her eyes, telling their kid to say that 'uncle Michael touched me in a weird way'. Money makes monsters of many... Just look at how his death is being turned into the media spectacle of the century.