Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Score.

I had a long day at the B.S> Squared yesterday. It turns out that Creepy Christy, the passive/aggressive sociopath with the big head and the bad skin, was listening in on a conversation that E and I had in the break room last week. We were talking about bartending, about drunk customers, and gods only know what else, and she was sitting there the whole time, not making eye contact, typing furiously into her sidekick (I think that's what they call it- one of those stupid phone thingies for people who can't seem to hang up the fucking phone). She was probably transcribing our entire discussion for later use. Thing is, we weren't exactly keeping her out of the conversation, nor were we concerned about whether or not she overheard, because it was all very run-of-the-mill.
Well apparently not in Creepy Christy's opinion. She waited almost an entire week for Grandma to come back, then went out and told Grandma within easy earshot of several other B.S. Squared employees that she "had better tell your girls to be careful what they talk about in the break room."
This is exactly the kind of ammunition that Grandma, no slouch in the passive aggression department herself, needs in order to make me/us look bad. She will tuck it away in a vault and "accidentally" leak it to Patty Plants one day.
This is exactly the kind of ridiculous shit that made me steer clear of the break room for the first two months of my employment at the B.S. Squared.
By the time I found out that Creepy Christy had said this to Grandma, both of them had left for the day. This was on Monday. So I spent Monday night fuming, and I went in on Tuesday morning with the intention of clearing things up immediately. i went to Grandma and asked her

"What did Creepy Christy say to you yesterday?"

"Creepy Christy?" she repeated, wrinkling her brow as if trying to remember. "I haven't even seen her."

Well, any delusions I had about her playing this one cool are now gone. What a fucking crunt.

I looked for Creepy Christy for the rest of the day, but she successfully avoided me. Now I'll have to wait until tomorrow to set her straight. Very frustrating.

In the meantime, I picked up several water plants on clearance. Now all I need is a pair of Wellies and I'll have the coolest pond garden on the block.

Speaking of, the b.h. and I were wondering: Are Wellies shoes, or do they go over your shoes, like galoshes?

2 comments:

Z said...

Wellies are boots, not galoshes, surely? I've never seen anyone wear them over shoes.

heybartender said...

That's what I thought. Not much use for them in the Midwest where we both grew up. Can't think of anybody I know who ever had a pair. Thanks for clearing that up.