Thursday, May 15, 2008

First it Poured; Then It Rained.

Got up earlier than I thought I might today. I was very tired yesterday, and I got a free adjustment at the chiropractor (I re-potted all the plants in his office and gifted him a few of my own) which left me a bit sore. Got going to the B.S. Squared earlier than usual, but about halfway to work we had to stop because the car was shuddering rather violently. We stopped at a gas station, saw that we had a flat(ish) tire, and filled it with air, at which point it exploded right in my face. Loud, it was, but I was unharmed.
Called triple A, got the tire changed, drove by our mechanic to order another, and set off to work riding on three regular tires and one donut, now an hour late rather than half an hour early. When I arrived, I was pleased to find that Grandma was absent. Barb was in a bit of a tizzy due to the impending arrival of some B.S. Corporate Cheeses, so I set to work as quickly as possible putting out the racks of plants. I was there for just a few minutes when out of nowhere came Scooter. Apparently he had been sent to help me because Grandma "hurt her back." I believe this is shorthand for "Grandma's panties are in a wad because L asked her to do something that she didn't feel like doing on Tuesday, and Grandma will not be told what to do." Crunt.
So Scooter ran willy-nilly, which kept Barb happy because as long as somebody is doing something, preferably very quickly, it doesn't matter if what they are doing is correct or not. He drove us all insane for a couple of hours and then headed out. It rained for more than half of my shift today, and since it was too warm to wear my rain jacket, I was pretty much soaked through the whole time.
The Big Corporate Cheeses made a very brief appearance, but I have no idea what their impressions were, and I doubt I ever will. Seems like if they have a complaint they'll let you know, but otherwise they just scare the hell out of everybody once a month. Whatever. I'm just glad I don't work for them.
Home now, obviously. Just finished reading Andrew Sullivan and Z, and I aim to get my head in a book as soon as I finish this Facon sandwich. No, i haven't forgotten. I've just been knackered.

No comments: