Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sometimes We Socialize.

Sunday we went over to Jenn's for a birthday shindig. I ate like a pig. It still hurts. Her house is super cool and her new deck totally rocks. I'm looking forward to more adult beverages on it this summer (yep- sometimes I invite myself over, too). It was great to see everybody in that context. Unfortunately much of my socialization takes place in bars, more often than not while I'm working, so it felt good to relax and have real conversation. Thanks, Jenn. We needed it. Hope you had as much fun for your birthday as we did.

We came home early and watched TV a bit, then crashed. I'm sitting on the couch listening to our new Okkervil River records- yes, records, my friends. Thank the gods some people are still pressing them. And speaking of which, does anybody know if the new Replacements reissues are coming out on vinyl anytime? Man, I hit the Rhino website today and just drooled.

The yard is looking really great. Still haven't planted any veggies yet, though. Gotta get the dirt/mulch/compost mix put in. I think I'm going to build some boxes around my raised beds this year. I meant to do it last year and never got around to it, and consequently I have lost a lot of soil. Ah well. Live and learn.

The b.h. is making asparagus risotto right now. It smells amazing. I think I'm going to go see if he needs some help.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I had a fantastic time and was so glad to have you guys. You have an open invite any time you wanna come hang out! Fritz's contributions were much loved and quickly gone (and I have your containers!). I want to see much more of you guys, dammit!