Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Small People.

I'm not talking stature here, people. I'm talking about stunning idiocy and the kind of behavior that people practice when they have no power and no self-esteem, and they find somebody else that they think is somehow beneath them. Stupid Redneck Sarah (Now with more breast!) and I were putting out some plants today when Not Very Bright Neil (a New Guy who has already fallen out of the pine straw trailer twice- and no, this is not a common occurrence, bless his heart) asked her to come over to where he was working for a minute. It was twenty five feet away, but obviously the question he had was about something that he couldn't bring with him, so he needed her to come and look at it.

"I'm busy," she growled. Then she looked at me and snorted. "Did yew heeyar that? I tole' him I wuz busy!" she said, grinning at me proudly. I looked at her blankly for a moment, waiting for her to go see what he wanted, and then went over myself. He just wanted to know where to hang up a sign.

Grandma is making an ever bigger nuisance of herself. Today she came to work before I did and immediately started telling Elizabeth that I was basically an idiot and didn't know how to do my job. Then she proceeded to do very little all day while she looked over Elizabeth's shoulder and while I was outside busting my ass. I swear to the gods I like the job, but the woman is so fucking insufferable I don't know if I can take it.
I celebrated eight more hours of not killing Grandma by buying some three hundred or so gladioli bulbs that were on super clearance. I will likely put a few in my yard, give a few to my boss, and donate the rest to Community Connection, where I hope they will find their way to a community garden, nursing home, or the battered women's shelter. I have a call in to them already.
In other news, I got to meet two of L's six kids - of the four legged variety, like mine - today. Phil is the calmest, coolest Great Dane I have ever met. I can't remember the other guy's name, but he was much smaller and still managed to hold his own in the attention-getting department. I fed them peanuts through the car window while they waited very patiently for their mom to come out of the store. I wish my kids were that well behaved. They bark like mad when anybody gets near the car, and should anyone be silly enough to stick their hand in the window, I am quite certain that they would lose it. Ah well. You can't have everything.
My not blue roses are blooming. I was going to post a picture of them, but I waited too long and now it's dark outside, so maybe tomorrow. Despite the false advertising, they really are very beautiful, and they smell fantastic. They're even giving my Meyer Lemon tree a run for it's money. I put a few more things in the ground today and spent some time turning the soil in the veg beds. Still need to get more mulch from Harold the Tree Guy, and this year I intend to actually put some boards around the beds to prevent erosion, so no veg in the ground yet. But my seeds have almost all sprouted, so things are moving along.

No comments: