Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mayday.

Thanks to Z, I am now given a chance to redeem myself after a lousy performance at my first Script Frenzy. I won't even tell you how many pages I managed, because it brings me such shame, but here's the project for May:

book binge






Thanks for the idea, Z! I absolutely adore Nick Hornby's books column in The Believer, and I have actually attempted to make similar lists for myself in the past, but it got rather embarrassing when the Books I've Bought (or at least Heard of and am interested in) This Month list continued and the Books I've Read This Month came to a near-screeching halt. I have a small pile of things I have started, and since the books count as long as you read them between May 5th and May 31st, these will go in that pile (though I have started all of them, I will be reading the bulk of each one in this time frame, due to previously mentioned slackery). So for starters, here's a partial list:

Let's Talk About Love; a Journey to the End of Taste by Carl Wilson. I've been pecking away at this since February. Seriously.

Haroun and the Sea of Stories by Salman Rushdie. I borrowed this from S way back when he was still in jail. That's how long it's been.

Soul Music by Terry Pratchett. This is a re-read, but I love it.

The Colour of Magic, also by Pratchett. I had already started Soul Music again when I found out that the movie version of this one would soon be available in the states, so now I'm ankle deep in both. Because I am not right in the head. Another list will follow, once I've made a game plan.

No comments: