Sunday, March 04, 2007

From the "Well, No Shit" file.

An article from the Detroit Free Press, entitled "Study: College Students Get An 'A' in Narcissism"

Blogger is not cooperating with me on makling a link, but the address is http://www.freep.com

Money Quote: "As an example, Twenge cited a song commonly sung to the tune of “Frere Jacques” in preschool: “I am special, I am special. Look at me.”

Actually, I would like to see a much longer piece written about this study, but the results of the "research" are completely obvious to anyone who has lived in a college town. What bothers me is that they don't address serious issues like eating disorders and other problems that stem from said narcissism. It's not that I don't want to punch these kids in the face. It's just that I want to hug them afterward.

1 comment:

Z said...

Well said.