Monday, June 12, 2006

Coffee, Cream, and A Large Box of Tissues


Domestic bliss, it is. Perhaps it is merely the "honeymoon phase" I have oft heard described derisively by my now-divorced friends, but this is so far a very successful recipe. It is allergy season, you see, so all of us (dogs included) have unusually high nasal activity. This usually peaks around 10am. More often than not at this hour i will have only been asleep for four or so hours, in which case I usually get up, let the dogs out, blow my nose five or swix times, and then drift off again. Today, however, I feel quite refreshed, having gotten to bed early, and so I am up. I even made the coffee. It's pretty good. The garden looks lovely, and since the sun isn't already scorching, I actually got to spend some time in it. And now, in a sudden fit of carpe diem madness, here I am at the computer. The b.h. is in the other room on the other computer, feeding his news addiction.We are exchanging sniffles and snorts from room to room. The dogs have returned to their natural state (passed out), the kleenex are piling up, and all feels right with the universe.

No comments: