Sunday, June 25, 2006

Athfest, Part Two





We stopped over at Tasty World, but we had just misssed Betsy Franck and the Bareknuckle Band, so after catching a couple songs by The Dictatortots at The Roadhouse, we hit the 40 Watt in time to see the best We Vs. The Shark set ever. They were on fire. If I ever decide to be a lesbian, Sam will be at the top of my stalking list. I don't think the b.h. would even mind, really.
Caught one and a half Lona songs, but my boss, ever the optimist, insisted that I be there "just in case," so I went there. I was not needed. I am not bitter. Promise *crossing fingers behind back*.
Saturday we loafed about the house all day and then got downtown in time for some excellent Indian food at the Bombay Cafe' and then to see Don Chambers and Goat(see above). That was the best set of the weekend for me--period. I hope to god the rest of the world discovers this band, so they don't die in Athens-induced oblivion like so many other fantastic bands I have seen.
Hats off also to the fabulous Lake City, who played as well as I've ever seen them play. Move along with that recording now, won't you boys? A girl can't live on second hand board mixes forever. Heros Severum played their last show ever on Saturday. I always forget how much they rock until I see them. Ah well, at least I've got a record.

No comments: