Monday, May 15, 2006

Lost time...

Being (or verging on) sick and sleeping for more than half the day is really, really disorienting. That's pretty much how I have spent my last three days. The weather is fantastic, though, so I am happy to be up and about. Guess I had best take the dogs for a walk so they forgive me.
In other news, school's out for the summer, and I couldn't be happier. I went downtown today, right in the middle of the day, and found more parking than I thought possible anymore. I know it's hard for the local merchants (my boss included), but I doubt I could handle the rest of the year without this tiny respite.
Looking forward to lunch tomorrow with my friend J. if the weather holds, it will be outdoors and probably very peaceful.
Talked to my friend T last night for the first time in several weeks. Feeling a bit homesick for the moment, but I will recover. The b.h. and I are headed to upstate New York this summer for his family reunion, so no annual July pilgrimage to my hometown. Oh weLl, perhaps T will get here.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Phoo...I hate that lunch isn't happening. But if it's cool wit' you, I'll go ahead and reserve 5:30 or 6 on Saturday. They open at 5:30. Lemme know which time you'd prefer.
xx