Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Well, that didn't go exactly as planned.
Our plane was delayed due to oil leaking from an engine. I have no problem with that. You know, I think when you're hurtling through the air at hundreds of miles per hour in a giant metal tampon you should probably have as much oil as you need for both engines to run properly. But the lady at the counter told us that our connecting flight was waiting for us, and it really, really wasn't.
We spent Thursday night not in Athens seeing Donnie play, but at the Westin in Baldimer. Had we known that we would be there in advance, it might have been fun, but instead it was overpriced nachos and two bottles of Sam Adams before falling into bed. They had scheduled us on a 1pm flight, but we got on stand by for the 6:40 am and were in Athens by 10:15. We ate at El Sol (now known as Senor Sol, but the food is exactly as we remembered it) and then went for a cup of coffee at D and S's house. D and the b.h. had to leave pretty quickly because they had booked recording time. I went out by myself for a few hours, and then met MT for supper at El Sol. Seriously. There are no Mexican restaurants in the Green Mountain State, likely because there are no Mexicans.
We went out early and met Jenn, Jamie, Shayne, and a bunch of other troublemakers for a few drinks. I was home late. The b.h. was already asleep.
We met his family for breakfast, then I went to get my hair did. I am gloriously blonde again, thanks to Shayne. After that we made a quick trip to Reed's Odds and Ends, then off to the rehearsal dinner thingie at Sandy Creek Park. It was hot. We met people. I wedged myself between the b.h.'s least favorite relatives and him and babbled until they couldn't wait to get away.
We went out again on Saturday night, saw The Heap at the Watt, showed the b.h.'s cousins a good time, introduced them to some of our friends, and went home earlyish. The wedding was lovely and hectic, and we got home late and got up early again to get to the airport. It was all as hectic as it sounds.
I worked my first real shift at the Local Co Op today. I got up at five-thirty. So far so good. Now I'm enjoying a Stone 13th Anniversary Ale and looking forward to an early night.

No comments: