Monday, August 17, 2009

Holy cow, I stayed in bed until almost nine today. Of course, I had to get up because KG jumped up and ran down the stairs, barking like mad, and then Wyatt got up and peed in the hallway, right in front of my bedroom door, so possibly sleeping in was not my best plan.
Anyway, we've all been outside and now I have a cup of coffee and I have checked faceb00k so I feel better. I got a message that somebody we knew in Athens died last week. I don't know how it happened or when, but I feel awful about it. He wasn't a guy we hung out with or anything, but we were regular customers at his job and he was just really, really great. I think if we were going out more regularly, and if he and his wife went out more regularly, we definitely would have hung out. But instead he was just a very bright spot in our errand running- part of what I miss about Athens and now a part that we won't have again. Sigh.
I have a few things to do today, including illicitly shipping some b33r to my former boss. After they receive it in GA, they will pack a box and return it to me with some stuff I bought while I was there.
Guess I will go have my day off now...

No comments: