Friday, August 14, 2009

I got a text from my good friend T this morning. He had sent it at midnight (11pm Chicago time) last night, as Slobberbone was hitting the stage. His report included some of the songs in the set and the fact that he had managed to convert two more friends. Fuck I miss them. T, Slobberbone, and the converts. I really don't see myself moving back to Chicago permanently, but the idea that I could see my favorite bands more regularly is really intriguing.
I had a doughnut yesterday that the b.h.made in pastry class. It was delicious. He is enjoying school immensely, and I am reaping the rewards of his education daily. Earlier I had a chocolate eclair, and right now there is fennel being cooked in white wine on the stove. It smells amazing. Luckily I have managed to fit in a walk with the dogs every day since we've been back (it has been mercifully dry for most of the week), so I'm probably not in any danger of porking out. Yet.
Right now I'm drinking a Long Trail Double Bag Ale and listening to Slobberbone's Barrel Chested. Life is good.

**I nearly forgot the challah bread. Yep, he made that, too. And in somebody else's oven, so I don't even have to deal with heat or cleanup.

No comments: