Monday, August 03, 2009

Saturday I worked a regular shift at the LHFS, and Sunday I did the same. Then I came home, ate a quick bite of the lovely meal that the b.h. had prepared for us and his friend Ben, who is our new dog sitter, and then gussied up and ran out the door for yet another job interview.
I had gotten a phone call from John Something, the GM for all of the restaurants at the Culinary School. After having spent several days playing phone tag (and trying not to seem desperate) with the manager of a Local Restaurant (one of those run by the school), I was relieved. It turns out he had gotten a different application that I filled out at another of their establishments, and he was impressed. He wanted to see me as soon as possible. Apparently I have not completely wasted my post-college years after all. So the GM got in touch with the Other Manager, who called me right away, and I set up an interview for 8pm last night. The interview was quick. Manager Dave finished up by saying
"Normally interviews last a lot longer, but you have a lot of experience and I've had a long week."
Score!! I start on the 18th. Meantime, I am finishing up at the Restaurant I Don't Enjoy and heading for Athens. I could not be happier. I now have four jobs. Last shift at the old restaurant is tomorrow (a double, of course).
Today was nice, for a change. I slept in (9;30ish), got up and went to the bank, bought some new shoes (for work), and when I came home I got a call that the b.h. was out of class early. Having only seen him for a couple hours this week, I was thrilled. We took the dogs to a park in town and went for a long hike in the woods. The weather was just awesome today. On my way to work, I got a call from my boss at the Local Health Food Store. Turns out he doesn't need me to come in on Wednesday, which means I have a whole day off to get ready for our trip.
Upon our return I start at the Local Co-op. Neat.
Don Chambers solo in Athens on Thursday. We should fly in just in time. No shows on Friday night that I am hell bent on seeing, i will probably check out The Heap at the 40 Watt late night after a few drinks with friends. Very excited.

2 comments:

loobyloo said...

Brilliant! Isn't it great when thinkgs happens os quickly and people just know you're right for them. Very pleased for you!

heybartender said...

Thanks! Yes, things just seem to be falling into place. Finally.