Friday, July 31, 2009

Yesterday was ridiculous. I got out of bed as early as possible before I had to leave to work a double, because I wanted to make sure and get the dogs out and give them some attention before I left. I have no recollection of the alarm going off at 4:30 when the b.h. got up, and didn't see him at all. So i took care of the dogs and inhaled a quick bowl of cereal and bolted out the door without any coffee.
When I got to the restaurant, Marge was there setting up. She asked me if I knew how to set up the kitchen ("I haven't seen you in so long I don't know what you know") and I said I did, so she went to water the plants and wipe the tables on the deck while I took out all of the things that I swore I had just put away a minute ago (It had actually been Tuesday night, but time flies when you are not at the job you dislike intensely). I went downstairs to retrieve some supplies, bidding good morning to The Boss Wife, who completely ignored me. Oh, that's right. She has been informed since I saw her last that I have given my two week notice. Hmm.
I ground through lunch, doing extra sidework and being asked by the manager every two minutes how I was doing. The funny thing is, had she done this on Monday night I would likely not have quit. Anyway, by the end of my second shift, I was starving and exhausted, and yes, I had some money in my pocket, but after twelve hours it should have been more.
When I got home the b.h. was already in bed, and I was wide awake and alone, not having had a single meaningful conversation all day. Luckily T was awake when I texted him, so he called me back and we chatted for a few minutes. I woke up when the b.h.'s alarm went off this morning, just long enough to say hello and get a good look at him before he was off to class. Three more shifts.

1 comment:

Z said...

Makes you value Britain's minimum wage laws really.