Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Disconnected.

You know how sometimes you take a few pictures, then put away your camera, then take it out a couple weeks later for a few more shots, rinse, repeat, and soon you have a whole bunch of unrelated photos jamming up your memory card?
Yeah, well, here they are. I often take pics with the intention of blogging them later. Here is a collection of those:


This is a shot of the elusive Giant Beaver of AGOI Pond. If only I had taken a moving picture, I believe this would bear an even greater resemblance to the now famous "Guy in a Furry Suit" Bigfoot film.





Above, and action shot, and below, the finished product. These are the kolackys that the b.h. and I made- what was that, like a month ago? Yeah. So I am a bit behind.




I took this while I was waiting at the car repair shop. Yes, that is Carl WIlson's fabulous book I am reading. Thanks to Jamie and the s.o. for letting me borrow it. For those of you keeping track (come on, you know you love memorizing what I'm reading) that's about seven books I've got going right now. This one just happens to be the most convenient for travel. I recommend it highly.

As it turns out, the rest of the pics I just uploaded are not that great. maybe I will go take some more.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

where is this AGOI Pond? I have seen a GIANT Beaver on my way in to work twice now, calmly sitting by the side of the road. I get off the loop at the 441 exit and head downtown and he's always right up there past that all-you-can-eat heart attack restaurant. Could there be a whole tribe of giant beavers in Athens?

Man that sounds bad.

heybartender said...

It's the pond in front of our (Athens GA, Outside In) house. And yeah, I've seen that guy by the 441 exit. I was on my way to Manning Bros. and I almost wrecked the car. He's a biggun.