Sunday, February 04, 2007

Lies.

So the package says "washes off easily with soap and water", and being a foolish consumer, I somehow think that this means I will be able to remove it easily in the shower before bed. I am not a big fan of makeup anyway, but it really makes a difference in a bar setting, especially when one is not blessed with much pigment and doesn't often see daylight. When I applied this new mascara, i marvelled at the way it didn't fall in clumps from the brush (When did I buy that last tube? Probably sometime in the late nineties)and onto my freshly concealered and powdered under eye area. "Hey - this stuff really works!" I thought. Very exciting.
It wasn't until hours later, standing in the shower, scrubbing at my eyes with a washcloth full of soap, that I started to lose confidence. After that I tried actual eye-makeup remover (thanks for leaving that behind, Shayne), as well as face lotion, hand lotion, and vaseline. Now, eighteen hours later, I have started scraping it off with my fingernails, one clump of lashes at a time. There is a lovely racoon-like shadow all the way around my eyes from where I have been rubbing them. It is not pretty. Thank the gods it's Sunday and I don't have to leave the house.

2 comments:

Z said...

For goodness sake, child, haven't you any baby oil in the house? If not, use corn oil, olive oil, whatever. Stop scrubbing at your poor face!

Any packaging that says 'soap and water' for your eyes just has to be lying.

heybartender said...

*smacking own forehead*
Olive oil. Of course.