Friday, August 25, 2006

Robbed.

Smelly P was there first thing again today. That's the second time in a week. Fuuuuuuuck. I had taken some heavy-duty cold medicine last night in an attempt to sleep despite the inability to breathe through my nose. The funny thing about this particular medicine ("The nighttime sneezing, sniffling, coughing, aching, stuffy head fever so you can rest medicine") is that it usually knocks me out cold, and I sleep almost too well, with all kinds of trippy, lucid dreams and whatnot. Every once in a while, though, it just makes me wired. It was that kind of night. I might as well have drunk an entire pot of coffee at 5am as taken that crap. So I tossed and turned, sweated and flailed, and "woke up" (though I hesistate to use that phrase as it implies actual sleep) feeling even more foul. And I drove to work in a haze. And a delivery that we desperately needed never came.
On top of that, we got a tip jar ripped off tonight. I knew exactly who did it, but without my Nancy Drew Fingerprinting Kit there was no way to prove it, and I trust the local police to be about as helpful in such matters as they are about everything else (which is to say, fuck it up completely and find a way to both make it my fault and write me a ticket). So yeah, I'm not very perky right now.

No comments: