Saturday, August 12, 2006

Progress.

As in, "Things are getting progressively worse."
The b.h. and I went and voted in the Republican runoff on Tuesday, and despite the fact that Lyin' Brian Kemp, developer extraordinaire, lost the bid for Agriculture Commissioner, I don't forsee the over-development situation getting better any time soon. Just a couple weeks ago, the b.h. and I were pulling out of the driveway when we noticed that the hilarious sign* advertising "Luxury Condominiums--from $455,000" was now sitting in the middle of a field surrounded by suspicious-looking orange tape.
"Oh well, not to worry," we thought very wrong-headedly.
So just three days ago, we pulled to the end of the driveway and saw this:



Yes, it has begun. And now not only will our relative quiet be shattered, but the rows and rows of trees and vegetation will be replaced with rows of cars and stacks of expensive bricks. Oh yeah, and the people. Boy do I love more goddamn rich people.
Speaking of which, can anybody tell me what's wrong with this Volvo? I can't quite put my finger on it...





*The sign is hilarious because, we thought, no one in their right mind would ever consider paying that much for a glorified apartment in this part of the country, especially not in this fucking county. There are many cheaper places, for example, in posh neighborhoods in Chicago.

No comments: