Sunday, August 27, 2006

Nameless Post.

I went out with K on friday might. Started with a cup of coffee at the restaurant where she works, and she read from the journal of her hellacious (and hilarious) trip to Mexico. Next we moved on to the 40 Watt to see Maserati. Outside in line, I overheard some balding, twatty-looking jackass remark that
"If this was Atlanta we could smoke inside." To which I responded
"Yeah, and you could pay twice as much for your drinks, too." Jackass.

I know that the smoking ban is a pain in the ass, but there's just something about fucking Atlanta people and their attitude that kills me. With a few exceptions, I think the whole of Atlanta is mostly shit. It is not a city so much as a sprawling mass of suburbs-- strip mall after strip mall after subdivision, with a million different winding roads going nowhere. I could go on and on about my dislike for Atlanta, but instead I would like to talk about Maserati.
They were fabulous. The drummer is possessed. He's like a machine. It's bizarre and awesome and I didn't want the show to end. I only wish their records were as interesting to me. Somehow, it just doesn't translate. Anyway, we moved on to the Manhattan when they were done, and had a few beers (which are not officially permitted in my diet at this point but which were also light*, so I didn't feel quite as bad as I probably should have.
Saturday was okay. Went writing with my friend A in the afternoon. Survived the Loudest Barrista In History again for over an hour before retreating back to the house to eat. Work was fine. The Dictatortots played a great show opening for some band that has apparently backed Outkast before. They were good for what they do, I suppose, but what they do is not really my thing. We were prepared for the shit to hit the fan, because apparently some people were iunder the impression that Outkast was actually playing (as if--I know, but people are not smart). Well, it never hit. Everything was fine, and my week ended fairly quietly. Perfect.




*Thanks to the fine folks at Amstel, for making light beer that tastes like something. Now, if I only could get Sierra Nevada to do the same...

No comments: