Thursday, January 06, 2011

Stayed in bed for ages this morning. I was about to get up at nine, feeling very rested and refreshed, when Kilgore thumped back up the stairs and climbed in on the BH's side of the bed. Well, I certainly didn't want to hurt his feelings, so I rolled back over and dozed off.
When I finally did manage to peel myself out of bed (after ten), I came downstairs to find that the BH had made me an apple pancake for my birthday. Fabulous.
We ate and we drank coffee and we lounged about on the couch under many blankets and read books all morning. Then I went to meet A for another cup of coffee and a birthday pastry. After that I stopped by the Local Grocery for a meeting of the Oddfellows Local 151 (more on that later).
This evening A was playing a show at the 3 Bean Cafe in Randolph. The BH and I left early and got there before everyone. I had an eggnog latte (more sugar, which is obviously what I needed) and he had coffee and we read the paper for a bit. Eventually A and D and some other friends showed up and we all ordered dinner and A played a lovely show, solo and acoustic, to a crowd of maybe twenty people (which was actually full capacity). It was a very nice and very low-key birthday.
We went home and had apple cranberry pie (the BH made two pies on Tuesday, but I forgot to mention them. Also forgot to mention the chocolate cake that Pete made for me. I can't believe my pants still fit.) and beer. You'd be surprised how well they go together. Next week I am due for a dental appointment. That seems timely.

2 comments:

Z said...

Happy birthday for days and days ago. (This only just arrived on the feedreader, sorry).

heybartender said...

Thanks, Z! It only arrived because I have only just finished writing and posting it. Getting lazy in my old age- Ha!