Sunday, January 02, 2011

Kilgore and I are sitting on the couch, coffeeless. Did I mention the b.h. killed the coffee maker? Second one. The auto-drip maker died a few months ago, and we've been using the French press since, partially out of financial necessity and partially out of laziness. Anyway, KG probably doesn't need the caffeine, but I could use the help.

I am sneaking peeks, between reading, of the kitchen, which is a total disaster after the delightful dinner we had last night (bruschetta with form d'ambert blue cheese, port-soaked caramelized onions, and toasted walnuts, followed by crepes with some kind of black-eyed pea concoction), and I should really get off my ass and clean it up. I wish I liked caffeinated tea. Also, the beer bottles are really starting to pile up over in the "dining" room. I actually kind of resent the returnable bottle situation.

If they were actually reusing them, like the soda companies did when I was a kid, then I would be thrilled. As it is they just seem to throw the glass around at the redemption center. I know I have heard them break. I have no idea what they use them for, but I would much rather just leave these things at the curb, and nickel apiece be damned.

Sigh.

So I guess I'll be washing up now, then.

No comments: