Friday, May 18, 2007

Back.

Okay, so I have been gone a long, long time. The reasons are many, including but not limited to a death in the b.h.'s family, a visit from some of my family, computer glitches, and the sheer overwhelming amount of shit I have done. I can't even begin to begin. But here goes:

Dog Hair Cuts. They are adorable, if somewhat less fuzzy. I would love to post some photos, but I can't seem to get my camera and my computer on speaking terms. Suffice to say that Wyatt has gone from mini German Shepherd to fat opossum in no time flat.

The school year has finally ended at UGA, which brings our business down a considerable percentage, making my job less intense and less lucrative in the process. I have been filling my time so far, but not so much the bank account. More on that later.

Rural Mississippi. As depressing as you imagine it, and even hotter. Met the rest of the b.h.'s family. It went well. At least as well as you could hope for under the circumstances.

The Beauvilles. A really excellent rock band that played in town recently, redeeming the state of Florida very slightly in my mind. Check them out.

The Drams. A highlight in an otherwise fairly dark month- got to have dinner with them at our friend J's house, so got to have real conversation as opposed to the kind that we usually get, shouted over the bar between bands. I love those guys more than I can possibly say. You might, too. We also drove to Macon to see them play the next night and it was amazing. The set was like two hours long, and Macon was true to form in that the audience was incredibly enthusiastic despite having never heard the band before. It was great fun. My friend K stayed here with the boys so we could spend the night and take our time getting back. I picked up a lovely cement bust of Elvis along the way. I will also post a photo of that when I get my camera and my computer to reconcile. Oooh- and I managed to get a decent recording of The Drams covering Blue Eyes, a traditional song that is one of my favorites. There is more to tell, but right now I am knee deep in a Michael Chabon novel that I picked up on the bargain shelf at B & N yesterday. More later, promise.