Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Baggage.

After reading both the new issue of Vanity Fair (the annual green issue) and the new Wired, as well as a couple of back issues of Dwell, all of which touched on the environment and how we're mucking it up right now, i was pleased to find that our best local grocery store has finally come out with reusable shopping bags.
I realize that there was never a law against bringing your own bags to the store, but these are specifically made for groceries, and I now have absolutely no excuse* for using plastic bags. In our defense, the b.h. and I do manage to recycle most of our grocery bags anyway- we use them to line our bathroom and bedroom trash cans, and for dog walking purposes, but now we don't have to. Check this thing out:



It holds a lot of canned goods, as well as a large bag of coffee, potato chips, and a pint of half and half, with no sign of struggle (the bottom is slightly reinforced) and room to spare. Kick ass. I hope all stores start doing this.


*Except for my terrible memory, which I will attempt to circumvent by simply keeping the bags in the car at all times.

No comments: