Sunday, December 31, 2006

Back.

So I guess I ought to catch up a bit. Just rolled in from Chicago by car about ten hours ago. T came back with us, thank god. That meant I got to sleep in between driving shifts.
Christmas was as usual: fun with the b.h.'s parents, way too many gifts, working until the last minute and then hitting the road. Rolled into Chicago late on the 23rd (after an uneventful trip), ate pizza, slept, and went to family parties on both Xmas eve and Xmas proper. No children at either to speak of, but my aunt and uncle have a 5 month old puppy. She's half dachsund and half chihuahua (I prolly didn't spell that right, but you get the idea). Awesome. Made me miss my boys, though. The family is well and as insane as ever. It was nice to see everybody, even if it's a little like being in a foreign country. My godfather still thinks I live "with a bunch of hillbillies"--hilarious considering that I am surrounded by half million dollar homes and some of my family is a bit red of neck themselves. Whatever. I usually laugh and ask them about the weather.
So everyone was far too generous there as well. I am set for books for the next year or so, and I got an Edward Gorey planner, which I need to go start filling up ASAP. I really love Amazon wish lists.
My dad is now semi-retired, so rather than running off to work before we were up every day, we got to have coffee and wrestle the crosswords together. It was much fun. Also, thanks to Jamie I discovered the wonders of fruitcake. Holy frijoles. My mom and I had to be restrained so we wouldn't end up drunk at breakfast.
I am hoping to take T to yoga class on Tuesday. The instructor I prefer is rather... esoteric I believe is the term one might use. One might also choose "crazy, but in the really fun way." The guy is just hilarious, and it makes me happy.
So tonight we're headed to Atlanta to see Centro-matic open up for the Drive-By Truckers. Much as I loathe the drive (and Atlanta in general, and frat boy Trucker fans in particular), we have a shoe to return. That's another story for another day.

No comments: