Monday, September 24, 2012

More evidence of the healing power of rock and roll and old friends as the b.h. and I stayed up way past our bedtime last night and I still feel remarkably refreshed. Patterson Hood brought his Downtown Ramblers to a fancy new winery here in the Windy Shitty. The service was appalling and the food mediocre, and I couldn't have cared less. We saw old friends and great music and even met some nice folks along the way.
I'm still not comfortable with the passage of time. I find it nearly impossible to believe how long I've been seeing the Truckers in their various incarnations, and how many friends I have made thanks to my musical fanaticism. Not even shit traffic and a commute through the West Side this morning could dampen my spirits.

Next up: Will Johnson and Anders Parker on Friday at Schubas. It's gonna be a sleepless week in between, too. Can't wait.

No comments: