Thursday, January 05, 2012

I am currently in the airport in Detroit, on a layover between my own sparsely populated state and Florida, where I will be visiting my parents. the photos below were taken from a moving walkway between two of the terminals. I have to wonder how many people are injured annually at the endpoint of said walkway, what with the loud music and the flashing lights and all. Conversely, I wonder how many spontaneous dance parties break out here.

For my birthday this week, the b.h. Sent out a request to many of our musician friends, asking them to record one of my favorite songs and then send it to him. He then put them together on a CD, for which he asked yet another friend to write liner notes. He did the artwork, and the result is eleven songs worth of fabulousness. Needless to say I was speechless. I may have even cried. I will try to post the artwork when I return. For now though, I'm off to find some sun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks very futuristic.

I can hardly believe something you've written though - they play loud music along the travelators??