Thursday, January 05, 2012

The drama with my co-worker escalated when I wrote her back. I felt the need to defend myself, naturally, and I sent her a point by point rebuttal of the message she sent me. I addressed it only to her, since I had already made all of the points to my boss, who was completely on my side and also defended me to his boss, who was also already on my side and had sat the woman in question down to have a chat with her about the impropriety of her ridiculous, crazypants e-mail.
She in turn sent my e-mail on to both of the bosses, as well as her father, which is why I am now certain that it was her daddy issues and not my incompetence that caused this meltdown in the first place.
Sigh.
It was only after she screwed up something she was working on for me *twice* and I responded very patiently and kindly that she finally came and apologized to me. Not that it was much of an apology mind you, but the woman is obviously not well and I just wanted the tension to be gone. So we hugged and it's over and I suppose it will be until her parents make another big wine order.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeuch - something wrong about hugging someone who's acted like that towards you (or maybe I'm just being English). As you say, this is all a translation of other, deeper problems. Glad that the managers have sussed that out though. But what a load of stress you don't need. Glad that the later post shows that stress being dissipated so nicely by the pool!