Sunday, August 01, 2010

Bob is a talker. He's a really smart kid, at least in the book sense, and he is very nice and he tries very hard, but socially he is a bit awkward.
"Yeah," I heard him saying, so loudly that he was nearly shouting, while slicing prosciutto, "pretty soon they'll have no use for me at all, you'll just come here and there'll be a big mechanical arm getting your order." I had no idea what he was talking about, but the customer obviously found it amusing, because I could hear him laughing as Bob went on and on for several minutes at the same volume. It was only when the customer picked up his order and left that I noticed his arm. He only had one, and it was- well, mechanical.

3 comments:

loobyloo said...

Ha ha, that would be funny! But how come you never noticed he's got one real arm?

heybartender said...

? I'm confused, loob. He doesn't have a real arm. He only has one and it's mechanical.
By the way, Bob noticed this right when he handed the guy his meat order. His face was priceless. I have been railing on him about it ever since.

loobyloo said...

Oh, sorry! I get it! The customer only had one arm. That will enter restaurant folklore, to be repeated to your children and grandchidren :)