Thursday, May 27, 2010

I never did get the tires swapped out on Tuesday, but luckily I got up very early and did that today. Tuesday I went to yet another spot on the river with A and her dog (Sushi) and Wyatt and KG. Wyatt was having none of it. I don't know if it was the number of children present or the muddy, squishy bank, but he simply was not enjoying himself. I ran him home and went back with KG. KG and I did a lot of swimming. It was around ninety degrees outside, so rather than just wading I actually went in all the way, paddling around next to the dog. I think it freaked him out at first, but since he isn't very good at bringing back the sticks I throw for him, I went after him and took them back myself. It was really fun, though I realized that I might need to invest in actual swimwear this year since I had a lot of trouble keeping my shorts up.
Today I dropped the car off at the tire place and walked the boys down to a frontage road by the river. There were a couple other people there with dogs, so it was more fun than usual. I got back and ran the lawnmower over the spot out back in front of the shed. It had grown fairly tall, but I was loathe to cut it since there are a lot of wild strawberries out there, but it had gotten to a point where it looked really crappy, and my sister and her husband are coming in this week, so I broke down and did it.
So yeah, my sister and her husband are coming tomorrow. They are insane enough to fly on a holiday weekend, and I have both Sunday and Monday off, so there you go. The forecast looks fantastic right now, but having lived in this state almost exactly a year now, I have come to realize that forecasts mean nothing. As such, I am making a kind of rough list of things we could do, from which we will choose according to our moods and the weather. Mostly I think there will be eating, drinking, and hiking.
I will work tomorrow and Saturday, then again on Tuesday, and then Wednesday I have a class all day (for which I am being paid) in cheese tasting. Seriously. Not only is my job paying for the class, but I get paid a full day for going. I am thrilled. It's about an hour away, and the b.h. is going to take the bus down and meet me when I am done because - brace yourself - we are going to New York City to see our friends (J. Roddy Walston and the Business) play a rock show on a boat. I could not be more excited. The boat leaves from 22nd and FDR, and then goes under the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges (plus another that I can't remember), rounds the Statue of Liberty, and returns to dock around 11pm. I am seriously giddy. Also, my friend K's birthday is on Thursday, so we are going to spend the day in the city with her. I can't wait. Can't wait!

No comments: