Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I am having a very difficult time keeping up with writing. It's funny how quitting a job doesn't give me any extra time. I mean, I now have more time, but "extra"? Nah. The weather has been incredible. Last week I spent Monday with my friend A. We took the dogs to a groomer that's about forty five minutes away, then went into the nearest town and had pastries and coffee. When we picked the dogs up we brought them to a little lake on the way home. I was wearing sunscreen, of course, but I still managed to grow more freckles. On Tuesday I did some housework and then took my boys to the nature center so they could swim in the river. The rest of the week was pretty exhausting, but again with perfect weather and going to the woods or the river every free moment.
On Saturday the b.h. and I went out to Wakefield after I finished work. We had dinner and saw Iron Man. That town is beautiful, as are most parts of this state. The drive was gorgeous.
Yesterday I wrapped up the rest of our winter clothes and broke out the summer ones, and went out and bought herbs and a couple of tomato plants, which I brought home and promptly planted. I bought a tomato that is already large and starting to bloom. Cheating? Well, yes, but I live in a state with one of the shortest growing seasons, so I don't really feel bad about it. I will be a cheater with fresh tomatoes in my salad by next week.
I am stalling right now. I have Springsteen Storytellers on the DVD, and I really need to go swap out the tires on my car. Still using snow tires, which have, I think, finally gone out of season. I just do not feel like being responsible.
Ah well, off I go.

No comments: