Monday, February 08, 2010

I am sitting on the couch, flanked by dogs. We have just returned from a walk in the very snowy woods behind the house. I am not hiking nearly enough these days, and I am constantly reminded of this fact by the way my clothes seem to keep getting smaller. I have been very exhausted recently, and I think I am finally starting to burn out. Tonight I am going to a yoga class in hopes that I will feel more relaxed and energized and whatnot. I don't feel any seasonal depression (that I'm aware of), but I think the fact that it's so beautiful here makes the cold part more bearable. Plus, when the sun is out it reflects off of the snow and seems even brighter. The woods were full of various animal tracks criss-crossing in all directions, and with no leaves on the trees we could see for miles up there. I'll have to try and bring my camera up there next time.

2 comments:

Z said...

You can only work seven days a week for so long. And you don't have all the live music you've been used to - it's quite a loss to your usual way of relaxing. Hope the yoga helped - a good idea to find something that deliberately makes time for yourself.

I'm big on the self-cherishing thing, myself, I take the view that if I don't do it no one else is likely to. Mind you, the way I've been pampered the last couple of weeks, I don't think I can ever use that line again.

heybartender said...

Actually I only work six days now. But I do work from 8am to midnight on Saturdays, so it feels like seven. I guess I shouldn't complain. Yes, so far yoga has been lovely, especially since it is based in alignment and not sweating and stretching and getting "fit." Svaroopa Yoga, excellent for people with chronic back and neck problems. I think my chiropractor just lost some business.