Friday, May 01, 2009

So they still haven't caught the guy. Great. I can't even talk about the whole thing, really, because no diatribe is going to change anything. i know a lot of people who were present, and thankfully none of them have any serious physical wounds. But it really sucks that they are going to have to live with this shit for the rest of their lives. It's hard to even process and to avoid being corny and/or reactionary I'm just going to shut my pie hole.
In other news, I can't seem to get motivated to do much. Work is pissing me off for various reasons, and I am otherwise incredibly lazy. I have packed a few boxes and done some house cleaning, but I have been generally useless for the past week.
We ate lunch at the National on Tuesday, and I went to A's and had a couple glasses of wine and did some catching up that evening.
Next week is going to be ridiculously busy at work, so I'm hoping to put in a couple extra days in order to fund a trip to New Orleans. My buddy MT and I are talking about it, and it seems like it can be done fairly cheaply (especially if we have a third party, which we may). Luckily I know several people who have lived there, too, so I will have good recommendations for food and whatnot. I've never been to new Orleans and I don't know when I will have the chance to go again, so I hope it works out.
Okay, no more procrastinating. Must... Pack...

No comments: