Sunday, May 17, 2009

Customer of the Day #3279

"Would you like a bag for that?"
"I'd like you to tie me up."
There were about ten people in line, and they all looked either uncomfortable or aghast. Without skipping a beat I replied, smiling:
"How about I tie you to the bumper of my car and drag you home?"
That broke the tension and got rid of the weirdo in one fell swoop.

So the week flew by. Worked Monday, off Tuesday, worked Wednesday, off Thursday. Saw Tim and Todd on Thursday night, and more importantly got to hang out with Tim and Katie and the band and Katie's aunt and uncle. The b.h. and I ate at El Sol again, which is only mildly weird. The waitress now knows my order by heart. Then we went down to soundcheck and ate at The grit with the out of towners. the show was lovely. Tim played "Just Like Home" for us, which was super cool because it's one of my favorite songs and because we're leaving and whatnot.
Had breakfast on Friday morning at Big City Bread, again with the out of town folk, then went home and napped before going to work. Worked my last shift yesterday, which was weird, even beyond the above mentioned customer. I have no job waiting in our new home, and I haven't been unemployed in years and years, so it feels kind of uncomfortable. Ah well. I'll get over it.
Today we had a yard sale. It went okay, but we're going to need yard sale part two before we leave. R & C almost burned their cars down trying to jump her battery, which was interesting. Other than that, just waiting for New Orleans. And looking for a dog sitter. Yep.

3 comments:

Z said...

Listening to Just Like Home right now in your honour.

Let me know your new address won't you, because the odds of me writing before you move aren't, frankly, good. Possible, but not good.

heybartender said...

Thanks, Z. And I hear you on the time thing. Finally read up on you today (And by the way- ouch! Glad you're okay), but everything is falling by the wayside while I try to squeeze every last moment out of Athens.

The Preacherman said...

wouldn't fancy tying up the check out girls in my local store. I'd need a hell of a lot of rope!!!!