Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The b.h. has just informed me that his band got a really shit gig for really good money at a sports bar in Alphafuckingretta in a couple weeks. Hilarious! I kind of want to go just because the idea is a bit ridiculous.

I started The Fortress of Solitude and Neil Gaiman's children's book Coraline. That movie is either just out or about to be, so I wanted to read the book first. I'm enjoying them both.

I know that talking about the weather is a bit of a copout, but right now it is 24 degrees ("feels like 10"!)outside. I would guess it's about forty inside. I am sitting under a dog and a giant blanket with the heat blasting and I am freezing my ass off.

Friday the high will be sixty.

Watching the end of the new Tom Petty documentary Runnin' Down a Dream. It is two discs of genius. I have always loved the man, but now I am beginning to understand what a badass he truly is. I have to go to work at the LLS in a few minutes. As it will surely be even colder there, I am not looking forward to it. Hopefully Lynn will call and need my help at her store so I won't get stuck. We need to collect some firewood before we come home tonight, too. Damn. Think anyone will notice if I just stay here and hunker down?

Shit. Alright, gotta go.

4 comments:

The Preacherman said...

24 and you're freezing????

You would last 30 seconds over here tops.

Anonymous said...

Is it snowing and has the transport infrastructure imploded?

heybartender said...

It doesn't snow here but once every few years, and when it does, the whole place shuts down. Seriously. People in line at the bank will ask if you've bought milk and eggs and bread if there are flurries in the forecast. It is hilarious. There are no plows, and there is no salt for the roads.
I'm from Chicago, boys - it's not like I don't know cold weather. It's just that I moved here to AVOID it.

heybartender said...

Also, PM, note that I said "Feels like 10". Which means it's 10. And that is much colder than 24. Fourteen degrees colder. So there. :)